Clockwise from top left:
1) Leading a NYC Department Of Information Technology (DOIT) Workshop "Using NYC Open Data with SQLite on iOS."
2) Presenting at the NYC Big Apps "National Day of Civic Hacking."
3) With Erik Martin, General Manager of Reddit.
4) Winning MTA/AT&T AppQuest Hackathon for "Accessway" for the Visually Impared.
5) In front of portrait of Chinese Nationalist Party founder Sun Yat-Sen in Tian'anmen Square, May 2008.
I make iPhone apps.
I'm Michael Sanderson. I'm a mobile app developer in New York City with a background in writing and editing.
Here you can learn what's great about my Dayou Subway Maps for iPhone, the app I created to improve navigation of the New York City Subway, and other apps I've created.
I lived in China from 2006 to 2012. In that time I was Managing Editor of a local English-language magazine. You can read some articles I wrote. Tech people may especially enjoy "What's Weibo", about China's home-grown microblogging service.
Please have a look around and thanks for visiting. You can read my tumblr here. If you have any comments or for more information, please contact me.